PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my ranger about a month ago at that time I started trouble shooting so far I have replaced the battery, starter, starter solenoid, spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coil, crankshaft position sensor.
I have checked the brake sensor and it has .4 ohams when the brake is pressed and infinite when not pressed. I do have fuel going to the injectors but no spark. Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome bubba, if you jump across the starter solenoid with KEY ON and it won't TURN OVER and you have absolutely NO SPARK then the infamous ECM (power module) needs rebuilt. I would pull the connections off the ECM (silver box under the hood with fins) and check for fried pins and a good connection first as the pins (usually from the stator ) tend to fry . Module Masters can rebuild the module for less than half of a new one and the best part is they will warranty it for FIVE years.. (I haven't seen a PM from the factory last more than three)

I would ohm out the stator per the service manual as well because if it is going bad, it will kill a good working ECM (power module) . The service manual will show you step by step how to EASILY do it with a five dollar Multi Meter from Harbor Freight. .http://polaris-utv.servicemanualvault.com/2006-Polaris-Ranger-700-4X4-XP-Service-Manual.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome bubba, if you jump across the starter solenoid with KEY ON and it won't TURN OVER and you have absolutely NO SPARK then the infamous ECM (power module) needs rebuilt. I would pull the connections off the ECM (silver box under the hood with fins) and check for fried pins and a good connection first as the pins (usually from the stator ) tend to fry . Module Masters can rebuild the module for less than half of a new one and the best part is they will warranty it for FIVE years.. (I haven't seen a PM from the factory last more than three)

I would ohm out the stator per the service manual as well because if it is going bad, it will kill a good working ECM (power module) . The service manual will show you step by step how to EASILY do it with a five dollar Multi Meter from Harbor Freight. .http://polaris-utv.servicemanualvault.com/2006-Polaris-Ranger-700-4X4-XP-Service-Manual.html

Thanks for the help I will try what you suggested

1 - 3 of 3 Posts