PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang,

Heres my dilemma. I see TPS's up for sale on Ebay and Amazon for after market TPS's. They seem to list them for every year, including the 2007 Ranger but only the LE or FI.

Nothing for the XP. I tried one for a 2006 which when cross referenced with Polaris part number they are the same number. I hate spending roughly $200 for the factory one.

Has anyone had any luck with and aftermarket TPS for this model?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Ok gang,

Heres my dilemma. I see TPS's up for sale on Ebay and Amazon for after market TPS's. They seem to list them for every year, including the 2007 Ranger but only the LE or FI.

Nothing for the XP. I tried one for a 2006 which when cross referenced with Polaris part number they are the same number. I hate spending roughly $200 for the factory one.

Has anyone had any luck with and aftermarket TPS for this model?
Hey Ray........F1....XP ......06.......07.......LE all the same 700 part. I know of another guy that bought an aftermarket one on EBAY and it was not good. Just may have been a fluke for him..... Hate paying OEM prices for the TPS.. I would still try AM before paying for OEM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you much. Figured at some point someone would make an aftermarket one. This will be the 3rd one ive replaced since I purchased it in 2007.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Yeah Ray, I have found that the 2007's will not run right with the factory specs of .528 base and then .710 D (flow) stop screw. Have to start at .560 base and then .670ish on the D screw . Only has happened on the 2007's for whatever reason. Just fyi.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I’ll order another 06 tps and give it a try. Looks like it’s the same part number for several years. I think I’d just gotten as you said a bad one.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Ok. I’ll order another 06 tps and give it a try. Looks like it’s the same part number for several years. I think I’d just gotten as you said a bad one.
Ray, as I mentioned earlier, the 2007 700's have many times encountered problems with the factory settings and that could be the problem with your current TPS . You di
dnt really mention what the symptoms are with your current TPS................ Seems like lately people are ordering a plethora of new parts that they don't really need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts