PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my Ranger will feel like it is cutting in and out for lack of a better term. It happens more as the engine gets hot. I can give it gas and it runs fine, but when going at steady speed it cuts in and out. It also will backfire when I let off the gas. Had radiator cleaned and did not improve. I use only non ethanol fuel.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have you tested the fuel pressure? A filter getting plugged or pump failing will show these symptoms in fuel injected engines. The backfires can be the lean condition

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had this same issue on my 07 700. Not sure how to check fuel pressure; there is a bicycle type value at the top of the engine that I have pushed and the fuel always shoots out. Not exactly a pressure test but there seemed to be a fair amount of pressure there. Not sure on the fuel filter; any thoughts on where its at and how I check it? Interested in hunterdrake's findings as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I blundered by not looking at previous posts in enough detail first, where this problem has been discussed. There are actions I could take first based on those posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts