PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much time spent troubleshooting I am in need of assistance. I can not get this ranger started 馃槴. Here are my work done and troubleshooting work I did to it already.

Engine turns over but no start
Fuel pressure 40psi+ and holds
Compression 180psi and holds
Has spark
Crank sensor .552ohms @ 80 degrees f
Fuel injector 14.2 ohms
Tps sensor voltage @ .626
Fuel injector pigtail. Harness checked continuity
Tps harness continuity
Tbap harness continuity
Replace that pigtail
Stator harness continuity

Symptoms no start and backfires through air intake

Plz help I can not get this bad boy to start plz help guys I don't know what else to check

Administrator
J, spec on the TPS is .528 base and with the flow @ .710 ........ Will it run at that ?

Administrator
Dr. HOW DID YOU SET UP THE TPS.... ???? .528 with the sensor AND THEN turn the 'D' screw on the throttle body up to .710 vdc ? Your trouble is symptomatic of a TIMING problem which would be the TPS .. I am shocked you are not throwing a TPS code.. You have checked for stored codes recently ?

I know how to make these run but YOU have to do the steps....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr. HOW DID YOU SET UP THE TPS.... ???? .528 with the sensor AND THEN turn the 'D' screw on the throttle body up to .710 vdc ? Your trouble is symptomatic of a TIMING problem which would be the TPS .. I am shocked you are not throwing a TPS code.. You have checked for stored codes recently ?

I know how to make these run but YOU have to do the steps....
Yes I get 21 and 25 codes and I set the tps at .528 then with d screw I set it to .710 with full throttle the sensor sent 3.689 volts

Administrator
J, is it a OEM TPS ?

Administrator
21 is 'LOSS OF SYNCHRONIZATION' which is normally a problem with the CPS.......HARNESS.. pull and clean the CPS and check the harness for chafing and broken wire.. 25 is a normally a random code that shows up when the ECU gets confused about what gear the trans is in..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
21 is 'LOSS OF SYNCHRONIZATION' which is normally a problem with the CPS.......HARNESS.. pull and clean the CPS and check the harness for chafing and broken wire.. 25 is a normally a random code that shows up when the ECU gets confused about what gear the trans is in..
I checked continuity from pigtail to ecu connector and the ohm on the crank sensor
Tps is original and it didn't have high spike in voltage when I tested it
My question is how to test tps and tbap sensor my tbap wire was fried don't know if it play a role in the fuel mixture

Administrator
J, continuity on wires on Polaris sensors does not mean they are good . Yes, a bad TBAP wire, let alone complete harness fried will throw the ECU into a rich fit.. There is no test for a TBAP sensor and only checking WOT voltage on a TPS .. Something tells me you have a bad CPS wire.. Until you address that, all the rest is mute as the engine won't run with a 21.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
J, continuity on wires on Polaris sensors does not mean they are good . Yes, a bad TBAP wire, let alone complete harness fried will thro wthe ECU into a rich fit.. There is no test for a TBAP sensor and only checking WOT voltage on a TPS .. Something tells me you have a bad CPS wire.. Until you address that, all the rest is mute as the engine won't run with a 21.
J, continuity on wires on Polaris sensors does not mean they are good . Yes, a bad TBAP wire, let alone complete harness fried will thro wthe ECU into a rich fit.. There is no test for a TBAP sensor and only checking WOT voltage on a TPS .. Something tells me you have a bad CPS wire.. Until you address that, all the rest is mute as the engine won't run with a 21.
Ok I will recheck again but I did check the crank wires but did see that one of the 3 wires grounds with other wires but I did a continuity test after pigtail to ecu connector but the other option I have is the tear up the other wires that are spliced with ground

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.