PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went thru the ranger due to some idle issues. I reset the base voltage on the TPS and then set the idle. Changed the Tbap harness and removed the exhaust manifold to find that the gasket was shot and it had a leak. I also replaced the exhaust doughnut and springs. It now flashes HOT across the display if it just sits and idles for a few min or so. Anybody have any experience with this? Just wondering where to start. The exhaust manifold still leaks due to a crack at the weld, I plan on fixing that and didn't know if it is related somehow. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I recently went thru the ranger due to some idle issues. I reset the base voltage on the TPS and then set the idle. Changed the Tbap harness and removed the exhaust manifold to find that the gasket was shot and it had a leak. I also replaced the exhaust doughnut and springs. It now flashes HOT across the display if it just sits and idles for a few min or so. Anybody have any experience with this? Just wondering where to start. The exhaust manifold still leaks due to a crack at the weld, I plan on fixing that and didn't know if it is related somehow. Thanks for any input!
kurt, is the machine actually hot or is the display just showing HOT ? In other words, is it spewing out of the recovery bottle ? How long does it sit and idle before it shows HOT ? Is the fan running ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not spewing out of the recovery bottle. I would say about 10 min before it starts flasing hot. Yes the fan is running. You either have to turn it off or if it will let you get moving to make the display stop flashing.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
It is not spewing out of the recovery bottle. I would say about 10 min before it starts flasing hot. Yes the fan is running. You either have to turn it off or if it will let you get moving to make the display stop flashing.
I would guess that you have air in the cooling system in need of purging. Open the cap and the purge screw on the thermostat cover , keeping it full of coolant and see if you have air bubbles ..... How old is your radiator cap and coolant ? You must have ALL air out or it will overheat very fast at idle. Don't ask how I know............

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check the radiator for dirt, mud or just simple grass seeds. Mine did that during dove season last year. Turned out to be a bunch of grass/ weed seed restricting air flow. Flushed it out with water hose and no more overheating.

www.txdovehunts.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts