PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I installed an aftermarket fuel pump and it was all good for a while. Aside from the fact that I evidently damaged the fuel sender when I was installing the new one. Now I have the same problem. Fuel pump not pumping. I either need a drawing/schematic for the electrical system or at the least the 2 wire colors for the fuel pump so that I can make sure the pump is actually getting voltage to run. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I solved the initial issue. It's been so long since I worked on it that I forgot about purchasing a service manual. Found that and checked the pump. When I turn the switch on I immediately get 12 VDC but only for a second and I lose it. The voltage goes to a -4.7 VDC. Does it need to see a load or is there a relay that is activating for some reason?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Red & Brown and the purple w/white stripe is the gauge.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
If you still have the black canister filter above the pump, it is on it's way to being either plugged or cracked...

Read this.... 2009 XP 700 gremlins

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jungleman. That's the deal, it is shutting off when it sees a no start. It energizes again when I spin the starter. I tried to run the pump from a battery. I'm hard of hearing but I didn't hear it run. It ohms out at 82 ohms which calculates as reasonable for a good pump motor. I have to put my hearing aids in and go try it again. I replaced the pump before with an aftermarket and I think i replaced the black canister as well. That may be the issue or the pump just pooped the bed again. I'll likely be pulling the pump out and replacing it.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
"I think i replaced the black canister as well. "

Couldn't have replaced it with another canister as you can't buy another one. You are plugged up.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recall replacing the pump, filter and regulator. I wish I could find the entire assembly to replace.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
WORK..............if....you have the spin on (not screw fastened on assembly) AND $ 250.00 (ALL 2007 700's had the screw fastened on fuel assembly that I have ever seen anyway ) Quantum OEM Replacement Fuel Pump Assembly Polaris Ranger 700 / Crew / HD 2006 2007 2008 2009, Replaces Polaris 2204306, 2520673, Airtex 11022A

If you have 20 bucks and can read..............(the link I sent you above with photos) you can replace the old black canister filter with 3" of FUEL RESISTANT FUEL LINE Walbro SUBMERSIBLE Fuel Line 5/16" hose SAE J30R10 | eBay

and install a common inline fuel filter (from a local NAPA) after the tank FRAM G3850 In-Line Fuel Filter | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2007 700XP, the fuel pump shut off based on pressure. So when it reaches 39 psi the pump shuts off. There is a bleeder on top of the engine that looks like a tire air valve. That is the fuel manifold. If you have a screw on type tire gauge you can check the pressure there but be careful. You can spray fuel everywhere if the connection isn't tight. It should build to 39 psi whether or not the fuel filter is partially plugged.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
"On my 2007 700XP, the fuel pump shut off based on pressure. So when it reaches 39 psi the pump shuts off "

Only if you are high..............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts