PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do a fuel pressure test on my '08 XP today. No issues at all, and she has 280 hours on her. I know, I know, she's just about worn out..... I have about 41 psi at idle, and maintains 40 as high as I care to rev it with no load. However, at WOT at about 45 mph (short parking lot) it does get down to about 35 psi. Is there a minimum pressure that you guys of knowledge would replace a fuel pump? Am I concerned for nothing? Thanks in advance. God bless.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
I decided to do a fuel pressure test on my '08 XP today. No issues at all, and she has 280 hours on her. I know, I know, she's just about worn out..... I have about 41 psi at idle, and maintains 40 as high as I care to rev it with no load. However, at WOT at about 45 mph (short parking lot) it does get down to about 35 psi. Is there a minimum pressure that you guys of knowledge would replace a fuel pump? Am I concerned for nothing? Thanks in advance. God bless.
If it runs fine then run it but that is too low and normally they start acting like they have a 2x4 under the pedal. You should not lose over 2lbs before having issues. I was thinking normal pressure was over 40 but have not looked in a service manual in a while

Todd

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Pressure for the '08 is 39 psi +/- 5%, or about 2 psi.

You typically start seeing issues when the pressure drops below 35 psi. So you're getting close to the low pressure side of things. If you start experiencing poor running issues, the pressure is the first thing I'd check.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,

Thanks for the valued information. I really appreciate it. I guess the fuel pump being the first "non-maintenance" item in 6 years isn't too bad. Bless you guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts