PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and new to having a ranger. Heard a loud clunk the othe day and noticed that a hole had been worn through the housing on the drivers side of the rear diff. Is this somthing that the entire diff has to be replaced for the tune of 1,200 bucks, or buy used? or just get the parts to fix it? Also is there a better year that would have the same rear end but without the issuses? Just a little confused becasue my machine only has around 270 hours and 2,5000 miles. I guess that I wouldnt expect something major like this to go wrong this early in the game. Any info would help.

Adam

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and new to having a ranger. Heard a loud clunk the othe day and noticed that a hole had been worn through the housing on the drivers side of the rear diff. Is this somthing that the entire diff has to be replaced for the tune of 1,200 bucks, or buy used? or just get the parts to fix it? Also is there a better year that would have the same rear end but without the issuses? Just a little confused becasue my machine only has around 270 hours and 2,5000 miles. I guess that I wouldnt expect something major like this to go wrong this early in the game. Any info would help.

Adam
If it were mine, I would try to locate a used one. The rear differential is pretty rugged and normally doesn't grenade. EBAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.