PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got this ranger a while ago and it used to run fine and all. Recently I've been having a problem with acceleration to the point of not being able to move a few feet at a time. Simply put, the engine turns on and idles fine, but when I press the pedal to accelerate it would only rev up to a certain point and go a few feet before losing power and returning to idle despite me still pressing the pedal. I tried this in neutral as well and the engine behaves the same, revs up a bit and just goes back to idle. I have no idea what the issue can be.

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
Net, a Polaris fuel pump does not normally cave all at once. Pressure drops off a little at a time and then when they get hot, pressure really drops..

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
Sooooo Net, what is the fuel pressure ?

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
Have you checked for stored EFI codes ?

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
Net Clear the stored codes by removing the negative battery cable for 30 seconds ..........Start engine and run for one minute and then recheck for codes...

Net, 47 is the IAC grounded efi code. I would check the IAC harness for broken chafed wires.
45 is the TBAP (harness most likely)

You MAY find replacements here for a 500.. Make sure they look the same. Wiring Repair Harnesses - Polaris - OTB Powersports

55 diagnostic lamp
56 pump relay
58 cooling fan relay

Reactions: RJ

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Whew JM! And eleventy million questions later........ Good thing you have 🔮 🔮's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts