PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It does have some trouble starting back up after it does sometimes. It sounds like it wants too but won’t quite catch

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
88 Posts
Definitely sounds like the wires to your TBAP sensor are damaged somewhere, that's what 41 and 45 are.

Pull apart the wire harness that connects to the TBAP and TPS and look at all the wires. Maybe try using a multimeter to ohm out each wire from where it comes off the main harness loom to the plugs for both TBAP and TPS.

Pierce the wire near the main loom, measure to the connector, and while you're holding those two points, have a buddy/partner/SO wiggle the wires a bit. Should read zero ohms.

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
88 Posts
Could also be a bad connection at the main ECU behind the driver's legs (between the driver and the under-seat storage bin). You could try unplugging that plug, check it for dirt/etc, maybe put on some dielectric grease and put it back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you I’ll have to check into this. Not to good with electrical sadly. Seems like it’s hard to find a wiring harness for this thing as well.

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
88 Posts
I "upgraded" mine from 2005 to 2008... it was quite a bit of work though, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like messing with wiring connectors ;)

Replacing the harness is a pain regardless however.
I needed to because the previous owner had damaged the harness in a number of places, and the ECM was dying ( fuel pump was starting to cut out, cooling fan never turned on, etc )...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts