PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
open the lever a bit with one hand and then just slide the brass ferrule out with the other

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
am I taking this whole housing off? Again, sorry for my ignorance here!!
Nope. just ease the brass ferrule with the cable in it, out of its slot . Easy squeezy......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’m with ya again. Brass furrel is being a itch, pulling it and it is loose, but isn’t coming out

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
No worries zim. Line the cable up with the slot and then slide the ferrule out...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
On the base align, I’m down to a .090, and positioning the wire doesn’t seem to get me higher than that - is there a quicker way to .528 than the d screw?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
On the base align, I’m down to a .090, and positioning the wire doesn’t seem to get me higher than that - is there a quicker way to .528 than the d screw?
Ok zim, the D screw has nothing to do with the base .528 . You loosen the torx screw on the TPS and then verrry slooowly turn it until you hit .528. then tighten the torx and recheck ..............Then turn the D screw to .660 .. Let me know...what is up..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry, Schitty ground. Hit .528 on the nut. Throttle cable back in and then D screw, yes?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Nope. turn the D screw to .660 and then the cable back in. Remember to open the throttle a bit to be able to line the cable and ferrule back up.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
When you have the cable back in, make sure to check that you have 1/16 - 1/8 " slack before the throttle starts to open .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok, got the .660, hooked the throttle cable back up, its not wanting to hold the start :(. I tensioned the throttle cable back, intake tubes are all on, hopefully I’m missing something simple? It started after the tbap and held an idle, it will turn over now but won’t hold an idle, stalls out.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Well, now getting a code 45 and 41, those are new.
Hmmmmm, those are both TBAP codes . Clear them by removing the negative battery cable for 15 seconds and then see if they come back. If they come back, you may have a couple TBAP wires hooked up wrong.

BYW, what did the fuel pressure end up being ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I didn’t push the tbap in quite enough the first go around apparently, it rattled loose at start. Unfortunately, I plugged it back in and I’m still getting the codes, and it turns over then stalls out. Good news is that the .660 is holding strong (need something positive out of this). Going to take a break unless there’s something easily identifiable to try that I f’d up. Son of a.... oh ya, verified wires, they’re in right, wondering if I didn’t crimp well enough or something stupid. Hate to cut what I just wired, but that might be where I’m at.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Fuel pressure was 39 exactly. Battery was the first thing I replaced a month ago. Smart money is on my wiring skills, or lack thereof. 41 and 45 are gone now.

On the fuel pressure, when I turn the key it goes to 39, holds for about 3 seconds, then would drop. Based on it sounding somewhat right, I didn’t think much of it, but now that I still can’t run, does this make any sense? Should 39psi hold?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Marinated on this, and double checked my wiring (now that I’m plugged in), all codes are gone and wiring looks good. I’m thinking I’ll change the spark plugs tomorrow, and if that doesn’t work, I’m curious on your insight on the fuel pump. I hear it charge when I turn the ignition one turn, but again it charges then drops. Not sure if this adds up or not? Your insight has been awesome, going to get this sucker going here, only 600 hours on it so I’ve got faith.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Fuel pressure was 39 exactly. Battery was the first thing I replaced a month ago. Smart money is on my wiring skills, or lack thereof. 41 and 45 are gone now.

On the fuel pressure, when I turn the key it goes to 39, holds for about 3 seconds, then would drop. Based on it sounding somewhat right, I didn’t think much of it, but now that I still can’t run, does this make any sense? Should 39psi hold?
Zim, when you said "you did'nt push it in far enough" were you talking about the sensor into the boot or the connection at the plug ? I would keep checking for the codes to return..

The manual says it needs to hold 39 psi when the pump shuts off but THEY NEVER DO. That should work if it hits 39 psi on the first lick.

HOW OLD IS THE FUEL in the tank ? Doesn't take ethanol long to go bad . This is IMPORTANT !

Zim, assuming the wiring is good and the fuel is good and the plugs are good, there is a possibility that your engine will not run with the TPS set at factory spec . (slim chance) BPS from here on PRC had a 2008 700 a few weeks ago that would not. This has been a long time problem on the 2007 700's but his was the first time I had ever heard of it effecting a 2008. There doesn't seem to be a ton of 2008 700's out there so it just may not come up that often.

I would check the plugs and after a couple more 'no starts' check for codes . Let us know about the AGE of the fuel.
Possibly by then BPS may have finished breakfast and a cigar and will give this a look .

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Zim, found the post from BPS with the settings he used on the 2008 700. You still need to check your fuel quality ! Like the settings I have to use on the 2007 700 these 2008 settings are way off from factory spect of .528 BASE & .660 Flow

[IMG alt="BPS"]https://www.prcforum.com/d2/avatars/m/72/72002.jpg?1576626953[/IMG]

BPS
Registered

Joined May 22, 2018

541 Posts

Well, with your help, I got it. What ended up working is base at .580 and flow at .650. The flow number is with the engine off, noting that since it does increase with engine running (air flow). Idles about 1050, drives great and doesn't stall when coming off throttle. Check out the picture. I've never seen daylight through a completely closed butterfly on the side. I can't imagine it being wear but it probably is why the normal settings wouldn't work. With a new TB retailing for $450 we're gonna roll

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Fuel - I topped it off when I got it (added about a half a tank), but other than that, judging by the care it seems like this had, the fuel could be old.

I’ll be adding the plugs tonight, hoping that or the fuel can do the trick, as my D screw is Making me nervous, from my need nose escapde.

yes, tbap came out of the connector on the boot. I’ve Probably worn out my battery too with start trials, so I’ll throw a charge on it tonight as well to make sure I’m not missing something simple.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
'Fuel - I topped it off when I got it (added about a half a tank) "

Zim, you need to DRAIN THE TANK and put in fresh fuel . Easy to pull the tank and dump it out . Trying to start it with OLD ETHANOL is not going to work .

21 - 40 of 79 Posts