PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here!

I just purchased the rather custom 2008 to take mudding. It ran fine when I test drove it. I loaded on to the trailer and drove 4 hours home. When I tried to unload it it started and idled fine. But when you press the gas it only revs up about 500 more RPM the drops back to idle and repeats this along as you have the gas pedal pressed(like a rev limiter) . I checked the fuel pressure and it stays right at 38 psi.

I checked all the sensor plugs and couldn't find anything loose but it definitely seems to me that hauling this thing home either damaged something or messed something up.

One other question... this thing doesn't have a key. Someone changed it to a push button start so how can I check the codes without a ignition switch?

Thanks in advance Big Will
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Cloud

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Will, so this has a 700 engine in it ? There is no way to signal the ECU without three signals from 'ON' position . The CHECK TECH software will not jive with a 2008 either. The dealer can hook it up to the POCO software... That is about it ..

Other than that, you could check to make sure the connection from the ECU is clean and tight and check the grounds also. I would be looking hard at the TPS and CPS harness's for chafing/damaged wires . You may want to re-install a proper ignition switch .. Ignition Key Switch For Polaris Ranger 400 425 500 570 700 800 900 1000 Crew XP | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks to everyone for the responses but I am still at a lose. I double checked all the electrical connections and changed the TPS. Still have the same issue. Any other ideas? I feel like it's in Limp mode or something.....

I will post details about the build when I have more time but it's got ford 1 ton axles and a Toyota transfer case. So it's super low geared which is why the 700cc will push it along

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I got it figured out.... the parking brake senor is the culprit. If I push it forward and hold it it runs fine. Are my symptoms I explained similar to what happens if the parking break is on? I am knew to SXSs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks jungleman. I need to do some research. It was a bill of sale only and this is not the original engine.... wondering if anyone has ever heard of ******** with Paychecks in Texas? It starts tomorrow. I will share some ranger pics for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts