PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, I tried researching my dilemma but i am still unable to find a clear picture of where I believe I'm missing a hose that possibly goes to the check valve and where that's located?? In any case, Pedro (my Polaris' name) was worked on by a "mechanic" to put in a new/used engine because the previous overheated and seized. When I received it back, there were many pieces missing and this is one where I feel like I just need to see where the hose should go and am told it is probably going to the check valve (yes Polaris dealer), "bring it in and we'll diagnose it"....lol, at $90/hour and you won't let me simply ask your mechanic who could probably tell me in a minute???. In any case, the connector is located under the throttle body, and looks like a vacuum hose of some sort. I hope that's enough information and will be posting and research for more information of parts that i'll need (hopefully used and someone can cut me a break on the parts).

Wawa

·
Registered
5,816 Posts

13. Check valve...........bottom of throttle body...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey jungleman! Ok, so right under the throttle body sits this connector looking thing, #13 in the picture. So are you saying there should be a hose (#12) first connected with c clamps (#11) on either end? If so, where does the other end of #13 go and which way should it sit, black side up, white side down? I'm sorry I have so many questions but I do appreciate all yall helping me out. Believe it or not, I'm trying to put Pedro back together for my parents who herd sheep in the Chuska moutains on the Navajo Nation rez. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Black side goes down .................To install........clamp on hose to outlet on underside of throttle body. White side into open end of hose :) w/ clamp..... black end>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>atmosphere...

If you need more help I would be happy to but you will need to make>>>>>>>>> a reservation..o_O

;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So followed your install instructions jungleman, it was as it should be I guess. It just seemed like the black end needed to connect somewhere but atmosphere sounds good to me. So this discussion can be closed now.

Took it for a short ride and after a short drive it cut out and started to flash check engine light. I turned it off let it sit, it started but check engine never went off and made it back home.....that'll be another discussion. Thanks all...

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
well.......Wawa..........check the stored code /s............. Trans in neutral...........Rotate key three times to- ON not start- leaving the key in the ON position on the third rotation. Watch the cluster WAITE............then WRITE DOWN the two digit codes...61 is End of Codes... Check it twice.......... To clear the stored codes, remove the negative battery cable for 30 seconds.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts