PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some issues on my 2008 Ranger Crew. Someone changed the throttle cable and used the wrong one, so I was going to replace it with the correct one. I don't know the factory routing since I was not the one that removed the original one. I have heard this is critical and may be the reason I have had some problems. I attempted to replace it once and kept getting a high idle. It appears the cable is holding the butterfly slightly open even when the adjustment is all the way out. I can manually close the butterfly with my finger and the cable instantly opens it back up slightly. I made multiple attempts at rerouting etc... and finally broke the threaded end off in the throttle body. I have a used throttle body and another new cable on the way. I am certain it was not a sticking butterfly, but the cable holding it open. The butterfly closed fine with the cable disconnected. Also, when the cable is attached to the throttle body there seems to still be some "wiggle" in it at the throttle body, is this normal? If it is an issue with the throttle body I guess the used one might fix it, but I am certain the cable was opening it. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. I will also update when I get the parts. I am mainly soliciting ideas and the routing for the cable. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the first cable was either defective or I damaged it. The newest one seems to have solved the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts