PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 2009 ranger that I bought used a couple weeks ago. It was sluggish to crank ever since I got it until this past week. I pressure washed the outside of it and it hasn’t cranked since. Sounded like a low voltage situation with the starter. I’ve replace the starter, solenoid, battery, terminals, and the battery cables. It’s still doing the same thing. You can turn the key and the lights go dim like the starter is pulling power but won’t spin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
First thing to check , are you getting battery voltage at the starter solenoid on the battery wire ? 12 volts to ground .

If good , put the meter on starter post of solenoid and crank it , do you still have battery voltage ?

Sounds like a ground problem , with a set of jumper cables , use just the black clamp and put one end on the battery negative , the other end on chassis near the egine where it makes good contact .

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
Jr, 2009 (700's) had many problems with some washers/spacers NOT on the starter motor and also starter bendix problems but if you have replaced the original starter you would have run into that by now. ?? Did you replace the starter with a OEM or a knock off from EBAY/AMAZON ? Did you replace the bendix ? Is this even a 700 ? :)
Need more information...

Are you saying that the engine is LOCKED UP ? Won't turn over...........at all ? Like the bendix is NOT engaging the flywheel

Were you getting 13-14 volts on the battery (when) it was running earlier ? In other words, are you sure the stator was charging the battery ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts