PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining here on Kodiak for the last three months non stop! Finally got a few clear days in a row so I went out and knocked down a great big tree for firewood. Of course, once I got it processed and ready to haul home it decided to snow. Needed four wheel drive for the first time in months and when I went into 4x4, there came a nasty sound from the front end ( popping, grinding, squealing ). Of course, no 4x4 for me so I did the tree the hard way. Finally got the machine in where it could dry off and upon visual inspection ( no dismantling) it appears that the fluid has come out of the front ( trans axle) where the drive line is attached. So I've got a few questions about this but I'm considering as a first option the possibility of purchasing a new or used complete unit rather than going through the frustration of waiting for parts and then not having them all show up in a timely manner.
So does anyone know of a 2010 XP or HD being parted out?
Also wondering about the cost of a new complete unit from the factory or if this is even available?

Another new thing the Ranger has been doing lately, upon start up ( first start up of the day) after a couple of minutes warm up when I put it in gear and back out of the parking spot then stop and shit into forward it stalls out. Once I restart the engine and move down the road, that doesn't happen again until the machine has sat long enough to completely cool off.

This maybe related to the start up thing but there is also a flat spot in the throttle at 4500 rpms and the the engine won't quite reach the rev limiter (5960 rpms ) max. I know this thing is a mess and needs some serious maintenance and repairs, but without a shop it's like trying to work in the middle of a river around here this winter.

Hoping for some positive feedback so I can make a plan for the a clear day when i can get some work done on the machine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
its more than likely hillard cage super atv is where I got mine order all new bearings and armature [plate while your in there real pita to get out but easy to rebuild T&S
It's been raining here on Kodiak for the last three months non stop! Finally got a few clear days in a row so I went out and knocked down a great big tree for firewood. Of course, once I got it processed and ready to haul home it decided to snow. Needed four wheel drive for the first time in months and when I went into 4x4, there came a nasty sound from the front end ( popping, grinding, squealing ). Of course, no 4x4 for me so I did the tree the hard way. Finally got the machine in where it could dry off and upon visual inspection ( no dismantling) it appears that the fluid has come out of the front ( trans axle) where the drive line is attached. So I've got a few questions about this but I'm considering as a first option the possibility of purchasing a new or used complete unit rather than going through the frustration of waiting for parts and then not having them all show up in a timely manner.
So does anyone know of a 2010 XP or HD being parted out?
Also wondering about the cost of a new complete unit from the factory or if this is even available?

Another new thing the Ranger has been doing lately, upon start up ( first start up of the day) after a couple of minutes warm up when I put it in gear and back out of the parking spot then stop and shit into forward it stalls out. Once I restart the engine and move down the road, that doesn't happen again until the machine has sat long enough to completely cool off.

This maybe related to the start up thing but there is also a flat spot in the throttle at 4500 rpms and the the engine won't quite reach the rev limiter (5960 rpms ) max. I know this thing is a mess and needs some serious maintenance and repairs, but without a shop it's like trying to work in the middle of a river around here this winter.

Hoping for some positive feedback so I can make a plan for the a clear day when i can get some work done on the machine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
new units are around 850.00 ouch rebuild cost about 250.00 T&S

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
if you do rebuild put a fine thread hard bolt where roll pin is in driveline T&S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.