PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Ranger takes a few seconds to start after been sitting for a while. I just use it occasionally for working in the yard and when I try to start it almost runs the battery down before it fires up. Everything on engine original. low milages and hours. about 2500 miles. maybe slow picking up fuel. after first time it fires up and runs great and cranks good if I use it in the next few days. I keep the battery charged up.

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
dl, it may be that the 'ol battery is not spinning the engine fast enough to start normally. You could also have a bad TBAP sensor harness or low fuel pressure . Check for stored EFI codes.....Ready ?

Trans in NEUTRAL......Rotate key three times to the 'ON" position......leave it in the 'ON' position on the third rotation.

Waite.......two digit code/s will appear on the cluster with 61 being the end of code/s . If you have code/s, run the procedure twice and right them down and let us know..

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
So dl, how old is the battery ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery is few years old but will turn it over fast. I keep it charged. I have left it too long and it did get slow so I keep it charged and it turns engine plenty fast. just to me sometimes slow about getting fuel after it set for month or so.

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
So dl, could be old fuel or low fuel pressure (39 psi +/- 3 psi or>>>>>>>>>>>>..low compression will cause an engine to be slow starting and be operating nearly normal after start/warm .. 150 + ish pounds per cylinder perferably tested warm WITH WIDE OPEN THROTTLE ...

I would be looking hard at the wires going into the TBAP harness connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts