PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some advice please ,
2010 ranger 400 ho 4x4 …….new carb, new plug, new fuel pump, when driving starts cutting out about half throttle , then after about 10 mins of driving it will start to blow fuel trough needle and seat and drain from the hose on bottom of bowl . any suggestions on what to try next ??

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You say new carb. Did you get an OEM carb or a China knock off. If the answer is the latter then you've found your problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,915 Posts
Did you disassemble the old carb?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 ranger 400 ho 4x4 …….new carb, new plug, new fuel pump, when driving starts cutting out about half throttle , then after about 10 mins of driving it will start to blow fuel trough needle and seat and drain from the hose on bottom of bowl . any suggestions on what to try next ??
I dont know if you got the issue fixed . but i had the same problem & after rebuilding the carb 2 times & knowing i had it right . so the next thing i checked was the air intake tubes too the carb . & believe it or not a damn RAT got in too the air intake & sucked him almost into the carb ! when found it almost in the carb it looked like he went thru pure hell . LOL ! first thing i thought was ....WHAT A RIDE HE HAD. hope you get it going again .
RIDE ON BROTHER.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont know if you got the issue fixed . but i had the same problem & after rebuilding the carb 2 times & knowing i had it right . so the next thing i checked was the air intake tubes too the carb . & believe it or not a damn RAT got in too the air intake & sucked him almost into the carb ! when found it almost in the carb it looked like he went thru pure hell . LOL ! first thing i thought was ....WHAT A RIDE HE HAD. hope you get it going again .
RIDE ON BROTHER.
i had the same problem...took the bowl off the oem carb.....where the float attaches there is a metal flap that u can bend and regulate the amount of gas going into the bowl......this fixed mine......hope it fixes someone's ranger.....btw i also bought 2 china carbs they did not help......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts