PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out exactly what the issue with this machine is and neither can my local dealer. Engine is running really rough and wants to die when given gas. Smells richer than normal as well when running.

I recently rebuilt the bottom half of the engine and everything in the engine checks out fine to me and the dealer. Other items that were checked by the dealer and no issues were found are:

Fuel pressure
Electrical connections to the CPU
TPS (was calibrated by dealer)
Changed spark plugs
Pumped out old fuel and added new fuel

I did also replace my fuel injectors with aftermarket ones. I’ve got OEM injectors on order to see if that’s the issue, but at this point I’m just guessing. Could the after market injectors be the issue? Could the TPS itself have gone bad?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Aftermarket injectors are junk. I quit ordering them after over 50% of them were faulty right out of the package. They will leak with engine off and will squirt a stream instead of an atomized spray when running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that’s the item I’m going to check first before looking at timing again. Timing looked good to both myself and the dealer as well. This has been an ongoing project and I’m just trying to finalize this build. By the time I’m done my machine will almost be brand new again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

I’ve got codes 51 and 27. I got new injectors last night and it’s running better, but still not idling quite right. I unplugged the harness cables going to the injectors while it was running last night one at a time and in both cases, it idled flawlessly as it should when 1 cable was unplugged. I’m thinking bad cables, so I ordered those last night.

As for code 27, the dealer allegedly calibrated my TPS, but I will cross that bridge after these injector cables come in and see if that solves my issue. Finally glad to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Not sure how my dealer couldn’t resolve this issue for me either (I’m more of a YouTube mechanic). Nonetheless, I’m hoping these harness cables do the trick. If they actually did calibrate my TPS, maybe code 27 is being thrown as an additional option of what the problem could be by the ECU and will be negated with the injector fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts