PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the u joints in the shaft and it fixed it for about 5 miles. I noticed a little slack between the rear yoke and trans output shaft. My question is does the reg 800 ( non crew) have a carrier bearing or has anyone figured out a way to stop the drive shaft from beating on the frame? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
No, there is not a carrier bearing on the non-crew model Rangers. I definitely haven't heard folks complaining of their front drive shaft beating against the frame! There should only be a very small amount of oscillation from the front shaft and that's because Polaris doesn't balance them from the factory. I agree with POS POLARIS, you might wanna take another look at the yoke...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like rocks in a tin can!! Banging like its gonna come apart. I'm gonna order the yokes I just installed the u joints. I'm gonna see if I can fab up a carrier bearing of some sort. If I can get it done I will post it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It sounds like rocks in a tin can!! Banging like its gonna come apart. I'm gonna order the yokes I just installed the u joints. I'm gonna see if I can fab up a carrier bearing of some sort. If I can get it done I will post it.
I would think that if the shaft has that much play in it you'd wind up destroying a carrier bearing...just my 2 cents though...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
don't waste your time with a bearing. if you've got that much slop on either end nothing you're going to put in there is going to save it from coming apart. Gonna be tough putting a carrier bearing in there too without cutting the driveshaft in half and re-welding it.

Check your splines out, and buy a new propshaft or new yokes. it's the only way you're going to correct this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts