PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while hunting the check engine light came on and it was a IAC code. Took a look at it and the insulation at the connector was rubbed off and the bare wire was exposed and one of the wires was about to break. I put some electrical tape on it just to get by for the weekend but later that day I was riding and hopped over a log across the road and it just shut off like you turned the key off. I could wiggle the wires at the connector of the IAC and hear it trying to work but I could tell it wasn't getting good voltage. So I ordered the IAC harness kit and replaced it last night and she still won't crank. Turns over fine but won't start. No more engine codes either. I'm guessing that the IAC itself might be bad? It doesn't sound as loud as it used too when it resets and kinda sounds like it is sticking. I cannot find a part number for the IAC either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys
-Langston

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it! The wire from the ECU to the coil was pulled out. Started right up. Goes to show you always have to think outside the box

1 - 2 of 2 Posts