PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very annoying squeaky rattle from the rear only at idle and goes away just off of idle, seems like part of the chassis or frame rubbing together, I can load the trailer hitch and it goes away as well. Has anybody seen this and where is it coming from anybody? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'21 Northstar premium
29 Posts
I have a very annoying squeaky rattle from the rear only at idle and goes away just off of idle, seems like part of the chassis or frame rubbing together, I can load the trailer hitch and it goes away as well. Has anybody seen this and where is it coming from anybody? Thanks in advance.
I used to have a '12 Ranger800 that had an on and off squeak that drove me nuts. Turned out to be the muffler moving in it's spring mounts. I bought a hardware store spring and used it to put a little continuous side pressure on the muffler, pulling toward the center of the machine and that took care of the problem. HTH

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply gentlemen, I will look into that I can't seem to pinpoint this thing although I have pushed and pulled all over. Can you elaborate on the bed patches?

·
Registered
'12 Polaris Ranger 800HD
445 Posts
Squeaks, squaks, and "Nails scraping on the chaulk board" have been plaguing me for years. I have a full Pro-Steel cab, so that just adds to the mayhem. No matter how many times I've sprayed all the bushings, latches and hinges, one constant squeak always persisted. A few years ago I found it. What it turned out to be is I what I think BPS is referring to. Under the front edge of the bed there is what appears to be a plastic runner, or plate. It's on the bottom leading edge of the bed between the bed and the rear of the cab, near the handle lever that you pull to raise the bed. It runs the full width of the bed, and the lip rests on metal frame of the Ranger at the base of the cab. I assume they are there as a splash guard. If I raised the bed and left it up the sqweak went away. So what I ended up doing was putting in some window felt strip on the leading edge of the frame where it touches the runner. I also put some on the rubber pad that the bed rests on, and on the latch hooks for good measure. At the beginning of the season I wash and clean the buggy as well as I can, then I use Blaster silicone spray on all bushings and contact points. I stick the tube in the bushings were I can. It doesn't leave a residue that would attract more dust and dirt.

Reactions: D. McB.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts