PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the chain 2 times in my transmission and it keeps stretching out. I bought this machine used last year and im about to replace the chain again with a new chain. My question is about changing out bearings in the transmission. I read a few forums about replacing the pinion bearing. My bike also wines very loud. What bearing is the pinion bearing and what other bearings should I replace? I just don't want to spend $250 on bearings if I don't need to replace them all. Please help.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
" I read a few forums about replacing the pinion bearing."

SWC, the Po trannys went uni with the rear gear case in 2010, I'm thinking, which makes them quite a bit different . The older transmission, 2009 and before,really work the pinion bearing and replacing them when you do the chains is highly recommended. Jerry , Commander Jones, is the Po transguru here, perhaps he can expand on this.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Kris is right about the gear cases. The '09 and older trannys were completely different and, unfortunately, that is where my expertise lies.......I have zero experience with the internals on the newer trannys, but whining is definitely a symptom that something is about to fail. If you don't want to replace them all, you'll have to tear it apart, inspect each bearing, then decide which ones to replace. You'll be able to tell a difference between the good and bad ones just by spinning and wobbling them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts