PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to Rangers, and have one that won't currently start. When I first got it, it had a bad brake sensor, so I put some wire in the harness side of it and got it to start cranking. Now that its cranking, its not wanting to fire. It will run on a shot of ether. I have fuel in the rail, although I'm not sure on the pressure at the moment, (buying a pressure gauge right now). I pulled the injectors, and they are spraying, probably shot fuel a foot or so in the air. I checked for spark at the plug, and I have spark. Battery is fine as well.

When I pulled the plug, I don't recall seeing gas on the plug although I'm pretty sure it was cranked enough that it should have gas on it. Just got it to my house, going to check this again.

I only have two codes, O520270-5, and I520269-5. I found two broken wires to the IAC, when I held them back in place I could hear the diaphragm moving, but still no start.

Any advice on what to check? I feel like I should have air, fuel and fire so it's confusing why it doesn't act like it wants to hit. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
7,761 Posts
Mike, 2011 was the year POCO sent out a TSB about replacing ALL sensor harness's for free . IAC.......TPS.....TBAP ...and CPS . The problem was they replaced them with new ones made out of the same skimpy wire that came from the factory.... Here is some good reading....and good harness's .. OTB Powersports

·
Administrator
7,761 Posts
Mike, check the sensor harness's and then replace with OTB 'pigtails'.. Until these are good...you will have problems. I would still check the fuel pressure for 43 psi..

Reactions: Mikeyp13

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I just did one of these yesterday. Same codes. The problem (this time) wasn't the IAC pigtail. The harness had worn through right where it enters the main harness, about 12 inches from the IAC. I changed the pigtail anyway with an OTB because the OEM will fail at some point but the OTB won't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was this causing a no start? I was under the impression that it should start, but idle bad if only the IAC was out. I was also thinking I should have more codes if wires were bad to other sensors?

·
Administrator
7,761 Posts
Mikey, NASA was definitely NOT involved with developing the POLARIS ECU. They do not always throw a code and even when they do, sometimes it will show the wrong one. My crystal balls say that you probably have more than one harness with a problem..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts