PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't torn it back down yet and it's kind of hard to explain...but trying to get a little preview of what it could be..... If I get in a bind while turning my front tire will continue to turn and not stop until it's in an extreme bind like nothing is stopping it...what could be doing this? The tie tods seem to be solid.... I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to put a picture on here

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
I haven't torn it back down yet and it's kind of hard to explain...but trying to get a little preview of what it could be..... If I get in a bind while turning my front tire will continue to turn and not stop until it's in an extreme bind like nothing is stopping it...what could be doing this? The tie tods seem to be solid.... I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to put a picture on here
I will need some more info, what do you need to tear back down?
There are only two things that will allow this to happen, (1) the splines on the ujoint, at the end of the steering shaft that attaches to the pinion gear on the rack are gone (2) the bearings on the pinion gear are shot and not allowing the pinion gear, to stay engaged in the rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1...tearing it back down I had just put new front dif axles and a-arms back on it... I got stuck/broke in a real awkward spot and had to pull it out from the side...by a truck... 2...this was the first time I drove it since then and didn't realize I had any kind of steering problem until I got in a bind while turning and noticed how far around that wheel was turned

1 - 3 of 3 Posts