PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2011 500 that has full cab heater and wipers. The hours seem high 1100+, other wise it seems in decent shape. Anyone have any comments / concerns that this may be a red flag. Asking is $6800. Too high/low??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right. The seller says that he paid $2300 for it . Thats much less than what I am seeing.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Depending on which cab (which brand, hard or soft, with or without doors, etc....), $2300 could be anywhere from a little high to VERY cheap for the cab.

I know 1100 hours is quite a few, especially on a machine that new, but that tells me that much of that was "probably" driving on asphalt and/or gravel. Plus, I have seen MANY 500 engines with over 2000 hours and no issues, and have seen a few go over 4000 hours before needing a rebuild. The 500 is probably the best engine that Polaris ever made.

Assuming it appears to be in good shape and he's kept the fluids changed, I think $6800 is a pretty good deal if you want one with a cab.

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I agree with Jerry. If it's a really nice Ranger and you like the cab, it's probably worth close to that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! It sure helps to have input from members that have been there and done that.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have the same Ranger & bought it during the winter of 2011. I use it a lot on our woodlot & some fairly long rides on the railbeds in the area. I've got just over 300 hours on it. Even if I was using it during the winter, I don't think I'd approach those kind of hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts