PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member of the forum since I bought my machine new in 2012, but this is the first time I've needed help - so here goes the first post.

I just had the Crew in for service and had them install the new Polaris hard top roof. I had the soft top but it didn't work very well at speed and could be a pain taking on and off.

I'd like to get a box rack for the back and have been looking at the Polaris one and just discovered the SuperATV one - now my question - does anyone have one of these on a crew with the hard top roof and does it work?

The roof hangs off the back of the roll cage a few inches and it looks like enough of an overhang to interfere with the Polaris box rack for sure and I'm not sure about the SuperATV one. The SuperATV one is way cheaper and I'm thinking about getting that one anyway, but don't want to waste the $180 if it won't fit/work with that new $500 roof.

Help?

· Registered
175 Posts
The polaris one looks better. It follows the same lines as the cage.

· Registered
175 Posts
I ordered mine from the dealer back in 2012.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bishap- I agree it looks better, but following the cage closer makes the clearance issue worse for me. I ordered the super atv one after calling and having them measure the gap between the cages - it will be close and I'll provide an update if it works or not. The new roof hangs off the top cross bar by almost 7 inches at the furthest point.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the SuperATV box rack doesn't work. Lock and ride holes won't match up due to top bar being pushed back about a half inch to an inch by the hard roof. That sucks, and with the Polaris rack fitting even closer to the main cage I don't think it will work either...that sucks!

· Premium Member
6,273 Posts
Mike - Not sure if it would be practical or not but what if you dropped top bar of the rack down a few inches to pass under the roof ledge? Might be easier to do that with the Polaris one. Will require a little customization, but there's a lot of that going on here! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.