PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forums here.

I've had my 800 crew for about 5-6 years now. We went for a ride over the weekend and at our first stop it would not start back up. I put my foot on the brake, turned the key until all the lights and display turned on but when I went to actually start it, nothing happened. Turned key off, made sure I was in neutral with brake applied and tried again, nothing. I'm getting power (just had the battery tested). After a few minutes of monkeying around it finally started. This same thing happened once before a week prior when I was moving it out of my garage to do some work. It's very intermittent so I'm not sure how to test to see what's causing it. I've had so many issues with this thing in the last several years. Every time I go out it's something new.

Any help on what could be causing this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds possibly like the brake switch...they get dirty and cause this problem from time to time. If you look on the brake reservoir/master cylinder in the drivers side wheel well there should be a small electrical plug. Pull it off and clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Zuule, most likely the brake/starter interlock switch contacts like Court said. I would go there first. After that I would be checking/cleaning the battery connections and then the grounds .

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yup, mine won't crank unless it see's brake pressure, just stepping on the pedal won't allow it to crank.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
IF it turns out that the brake interlock is OK it may be a relay.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Fuel injectors.

I'm going to make a bold statement... If you own a 2011 800 and have yet to replace your fuel pump and injectors it's time to do so. I only have 1,300 miles on my Ranger and I've all ready been thru three fuel pick-up filters and one pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts