PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buggy is on running on one cylinder. Narrowed it down to the passenger side injector. The injector ohms out the same as the other one and it's getting 9.8 volts to it but when I unplug it the motor continues to run. However, when I plug it back up and unplug the other one the motor dies. I'm thinking maybe it's plugged. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Swap injectors and see if it runs on the opposite cylinder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a thought. I'll look to see if the connectors are the same when I get some time and it's still daylight.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
j, if it is plugged it would be the first time I have ever even heard of it happening. If it is powered and it sounds like it is and not opening the needle valve to release the fuel, I am thinking the injector is done . You can use a three dollar stethoscope from Harbor Freight to see if you can hear it (working) buzzing/clicking. 9 9/10 times out of 10 it is a problem with the harness or even low fuel pressure that will cause one to fail to inject.
I would be unbolting the fuel rail and pulling that injector and having a look in real time. Just be careful of the O-ring going back in. I have always found that running fuel injection cleaner every couple of tanks makes these 700/800's run alot smoother and helps to avoid major carbon build up in the cylinders which is really detrimental. Sea Foam etc........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been to cold and wet outside to do much with the machine. I went ahead and ordered new injectors. This is not the first problem I had with them. I was able to get them going before by disconnecting and then reconnecting them before. I suspect at least the pax side is toast and the other is probably not far behind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was just wondering if the issue was ever resolved, as I'm having the same problem with a 2015 Ranger Crew 900

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Was just wondering if the issue was ever resolved, as I'm having the same problem with a 2015 Ranger Crew 900
tefoo, check the fuel pressure.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still not fixed yet. I ordered both injectors and they only sent one. The wrong one. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys, I actually got mine fixed believe it or not. It was as simple as moister in the main plugs for the ECU,
looks like it got in from the back of the connector (wire side) causing a voltage drop :rolleyes:, Blew a lil compressed air to dry them out and away she went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts