PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to flush the coolant on my 11 800xp is it as simple as pulling the lower hose then reattaching and filling with coolant or is there some sort of bleeder on these years?

Also is regular green Prestone using distilled water ok?

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
lev, i would pull the hose and drain and then reattach and run water thru a couple times to get it all. You will have to fill with coolant and bleed the air out of the system or overheating will occur . The bleeding procedure is in the service manual and it consists of lifting the front as high as possible and keeping the recovery bottle half full and the radiator clear full as you run it with the cap off thru several cycles. Wear some gloves and squeeze the radiator hoses to help move the air out . Have plenty of xtra coolant and be patient as this can take a couple of times. When you have no more air bubbles coming up in the cap hole, top it off and cap it and test drive close to the house.. Make sure the recovery bottle is about half full....at all times.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Any thoughts on use of radiator cleaners in the atv utv systems? The current cleaners boasting environment safe are basically citric acid. Same as water softner resin cleaner, coffee machine cleaners, brass cleaner.
Maybe should I just start a new thread?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the instructions, tho I need to get one I dont have a service manual so your info definitely helps me out.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
10 buck download............. 2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800 Service Manual PDF Download

The only coolant I can get down here is PRE MIXED with water. Not sure what is available in the states but check the bottle and do use RO or distilled water if it calls for water..
Prestone Green is good stuff.

Reactions: Ievko82
1 - 5 of 5 Posts