PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I just got everything back together after rebuilding the top end on my 2011 ranger 800xp. I pulled the engine out to do the work since I wasn't sure what was causing my knock at the time.

I have triple checked all electrical plugs are back in. I have spark and fuel. When cranking I don't get the normal rumble of the crank. it's more like it's working against compression, even after clearing the cylinders with the plugs out. It will be very fast cranking that i expect momentarily if I open the throttle while cranking. I got a big backfire, but I guess that's somewhat expected after this much cranking.

I have it cranking while attached to a buzz box 50A charger so it 'should' be cranking fast enough.

I didn't take apart the bottom end, so timing should be fine.

Where do I start? I don't see any codes on the gauge, is there a button I need to press?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a couple hours of checking everything over many times, I took the rocker cover off and saw the pushrod nearest the stator had popped out of the rocker seat🫣. Put it all back together and it fired with a quick bump.

Still have the same knocking noise 😂. Is this how they are?

·
Administrator
7,947 Posts
dg, yes priming is highly recommended especially with hydraulic lifters. and knocking is not normal . You might try a stethoscope to try to isolate the source of the knock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts