PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
yep, there is. through the dealer you can go to the 45psi pump they use on the 900s. supposed to help with vapor lock. Does require cutting and replacing part of the harness. Myself, I find that if you just keep a good factory pump in there, you won't have vapor lock problems. Not worth the extra money to upgrade IMO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2012 vapor locked on me last summer. Had a long ride almost wide open throttle. Stopped at a store for gas and let fan run till it cut off. Temp was 194, filled with gas and tried to start nothing. Looked at temp and it was 225. It went up sitting still and engine off. Had to cycle key and let pump run a dozen times or so. Finally got it to start and had a strong gas smell. Engine had heated gas tank so much raw gas was coming out the vent tube.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I've had situations in the summer time when I've temped the fuel tank with a heat gun and it was running between 160-190 degrees. especially when the tank was low on fuel. But hey, look on the bright side, they were concerned enough about it to put on some of that shiny reflective heat tape on the side of the gas tank for ya! lol :highly_amused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea I wrapped the fuel line from tank to motor. I'm in the process of making a barrier to help block the radiant heat from the motor. I got some more of the shiny reflecting tape to put on it. The vapor smell got so bad my wife didn't want to ride anymore. So I put on a longer vent hose and ran it up to the top of the rear window. The pressure got so high in the tank it pushed raw gas up and out. That's at least three feet above the tank.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea I wrapped the fuel line from tank to motor. I'm in the process of making a barrier to help block the radiant heat from the motor. I got some more of the shiny reflecting tape to put on it. The vapor smell got so bad my wife didn't want to ride anymore. So I put on a longer vent hose and ran it up to the top of the rear window. The pressure got so high in the tank it pushed raw gas up and out. That's at least three feet above the tank.
Mine did yhe same thing.. I wrapped my fuel line with the heat shield and covered the side of the gas tank with heat shielding as well... this helped alot. I'm not sure if that was the fix or the fact that I moved my belt exhaust to blow out behind me seat but I have not had gas come out of the vent again since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.