PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here. My situation is that I have a 2012 Ranger 400 at my vacation house in Central America. The battery is a bit wonkey, it ran down once when I forgot to plug in the trickle charge before I left. I'd like to bring down a replacement battery on my next trip and I'm really interested in the Odessy PC925. Does anyone have the dimensions of the battery box so i can determine if it is going to fit? Or better yet, does anyone know for sure that the PC925 will / will not fit? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im pretty sure when I went to the odyssey web site, it said the PC 925L was the proper battery for the mid-size. I would get some confirmation on that prior to ordering such an expensive battery. From what I have seen it is oriented a little different in the box than the stock, but will fit. From what I gather the "L" indicates the terminal orientation on the battery...i think it means the positive is on the left side of the battery. Keep us posted as this is the battery that I plan to get once mine takes a dive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having a hard time getting a definitive answer. I've seen posts in the forum about people using the PC925LMJ (Metal jacket) on 500s but not 400s. You do have to rotate the battery on its side, but that is not a big deal and the battery is rated to be mount in any position except upside down. I *think* the battery box on all the mid sized units are the same but I'm not sure about that. That was the reason for my question. I even called Odyssey and they said that it would fit in a 500 but had no data for a 400.

My other concern is unrelated. Will the TSA let me on the plane with such a battery? Technically any dry cell battery is allowed ... but this is a big battery!

I'm going to go ahead and order one and bring it down to Belize. I'll carry it in carry on and have the person dropping me off wait a few minutes while I clear security. I'll report back mid Feb and let you know how I made out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts