PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2012 ranger 800 crank no start

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jungleman 
#1 ·
have a 2012 polaris ranger 800 efi crew. I was driving when all of a sudden it died and wouldnt start again and the check engine light came on with the code 637. I replaced the cam phase sensor 2 times to make sure i didnt get a bad one and the check engine light is on. I have tracked the wires all around the cam phase sensor and dont see any signs of damage. i also test the wires to the sensor and they seemed good tried spraying with starting fluid and didnt do anything i have spark ans the engine has about 3 hours on it

#2 · (Edited)
Dunk, I have a lot of IMPORTANT questions.

Did you replace the CAM PHASE SENSOR with a OEM part or a AMAZON knock off ?

THREE HOURS on a 2012 800 ? How can that be ?

How did you "test the wires " ?

"I have tracked the wires all around the cam phase sensor and dont see any signs of damage "

Dunk, you will not see most damaged sensor wires . You have to single them out and gently pull from both ends and watch for the insulation to STttRRReeeeTTTCCcch ...... Most damaged sensor wires have broken wire INSIDE THE OUTER INSULATION. Polaris is known for using the skimpiest wire possible for their sensor wire harness's . Zip ties to tight and engine vibration does a number on the wire INSIDE THE INSULATION.

I would also check the connection at the ECU........check the pins..... clean it with electronics cleaner.

Definately sounds like a pizz poor wire issue..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.