PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through hundreds of threads and tried just about everything I could find with no luck. I have a 2012 800, the check engine light is on and throwing the following three codes.. (1 3597 3), (2 51 3), (0 110 3) from what I have found is all three codes lead to Voltage to High. Here is what the Ranger is doing, Starts right up and runs with no issues, but as soon as you start it the fan kicks on immediately and never turns off. The temp gauge on dash is accurate until about 180 when the thermostat opens then gauge continues to rise until it hits 221. With thermal thermo i have checked and no where on engine is getting above 190 while sitting in shop idiling. Motor is not overheating and coolant is circulating like it should. Here are the things I have replaced from reading threads on here trying to eliminate the issues.

New Thermostat
Bled Coolant Several Times
New Fan Relay
New Fan Temp Sensor
New Radiator Cap
New RM Voltage Regulator
Ran all Electrical tests on Stator from RM troubleshooting guide, Stator was good old Voltage Reg was OL on all three phases (replaced).
Cleaned and Di Greased all Connections, and grounds

I have read several other posts on here where the temp gauge just stays at 221 while riding, but when turn off and back on temp is back down where temp actually is until it starts rising then stays at 221 again with no response on if problem was solved. I am at a loss on what else to here if anyone has any other suggestions or troubleshooting tips please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Henner, If you are SURE your grounds are good and the ECU is plugged in correctly then it sounds like the ECU is whacked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless there is a ground or two I havnt located. Would it run and perform like it should if ECU is bad? I don’t see anyway but one to plug in ECU.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Unless there is a ground or two I havnt located. Would it run and perform like it should if ECU is bad? I don’t see anyway but one to plug in ECU.
Hen, it sure sounds like a ground to me .

"Would it run and perform like it should if ECU is bad?"
Hen, sometimes people do not get the ECU plug in securely which causes things to go haywire. FOR WHATEVER REASON, the ECU is telling the cluster that the engine is HOT and the voltage is HIGH and you have said that you determined this was NOT happening so if the GROUNDS are good the ECU is BAD..IMO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look under the driver's seat. Take off the relay/fuse box cover and pull out some of the relays, see if they're corroded. I seem to remember you can swap the chassis relay out with one of the others if that's what you need to get back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts