PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so my ranger has sat for almost a year with out being started. finally went out to get it started today and it won't start. it is getting spark and when I unhook the fuel line from the fuel rail, it has fuel pressure. it will try to fire with carb cleaner sprayed in the box, but nothing on its own. Anything I am missing?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Gas probably went bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. was going to drain the fuel tank using the pump( unhooked from engine into old fuel can). The pump comes on but only for a second, then it stops pumping fuel. Is this normal or do I need to replace the pump?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Normal. It will only cycle about 2 seconds when key is turned on, then stop. Motor has to be running to get constant stream

·
Registered
50 Posts
With hose disconnected from engine wouldn't the pump run continuously to try and reach 39 +/- psi?

·
Registered
973 Posts
ok. so my ranger has sat for almost a year with out being started. finally went out to get it started today and it won't start. it is getting spark and when I unhook the fuel line from the fuel rail, it has fuel pressure. it will try to fire with carb cleaner sprayed in the box, but nothing on its own. Anything I am missing?
I would try the following: 1) complete removal of fuel (clean it out); 2) new plug; 3) fog a little in the cylinder; 4) clean the entire air system as mice or something may have completely clogged the air intake; 5) inspect fuses; 6) refuel; 7) fully charged battery and give it a try.

Reactions: Limo driver
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.