PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a new 2013 Crew 800LE with about 400 miles on it. Yesterday I was out for a ride. The weather was rainy and cool. About 60 miles out of the 151 mile ride, the machine started cutting out for about a second and then continued running normal again. This would happen about a dozen times in a 5-10 minute period and then run normal for for 5-10 minutes. During this time, no dummy lights or codes came on on the speedo. The only time anything out of the ordinary came up on the speedo was the "LO 10.4". At this point I turned off the headlights to try get the battery charged up. This seemed to help the situation, but sooner than later, it started acting up again.

From experience with my 2010 Ranger XP, I realize the Rangers don't run if the battery is toast, so this morning I checked the voltage and the battery is at around 12.6v and then around 14.5v with the ranger running, so to my surprise, it seems like the charging system might not be the issue. The Ranger still has warranty on it but I know they won't do anything to it unless it's acting up when it gets there and I'm going for a big overnighter in a couple weeks so I would like to get it sorted out. I feel like it might be a battery or a fuel pump but those are just guesses at this point. Any input you guys can provide would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I realize this post is old but my 2010 Ranger 800 XP did the same thing this past weekend. Had run like a champ the entire hunt on previous days, in cold weather. On cool damp day the engine would cut out for a split second, run normal and repeated itself even at high RPM. At idle had no problem, under low speed fewer cut outs then after a while it seemed to go away...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Lo, 800's are notorious for there crappie wire harness and wires rubbing through. Sometimes they even break inside the insulation. If you cut all the zip ties where they have the wires bunched up around the throttle body....separate and inspect them. I bet you find wires rubbed through and arcing. Vibration at higher rpm is probably making it cut out intermittently. Check them now before ya get stranded. How do i know? Check my sig

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
yep..... either a sensor wire in the harness is bad or the fuel pump is going away....It is one or the other. Here is some interesting reading about Polaris wires........... https://otbpowersports.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts