PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ranger 800 you turn the key over the fuel pump won't kick on and it won't start. It did it the day before but after turning the key on and off a few times the pump kicked on and it started and ran fine then started fine this morning but went to start it this evening and pump won't kick on or start.

·
Administrator
7,985 Posts
Luke, you are going to have to do some checking...

Have you tried jiggling the the key in the ignition switch . Often times the switch will go bad after years of use. New Ignition Key Switch For 2010 2011 2012 2013 Polaris Ranger 400 500 800 4x4 | eBay

Have you check the grounds and connections ? Battery good ? and the connections clean & tight ?......fuel pump connection etc..

It could just be the fuel pump is on its way out. Not unusual to have them work intermittently when they are dying ,.
YOU NEED 58 psi of fuel pressure..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have unplugged the switch and checked connections on the switch. The battery is about 3 months old it has good connections and has 12.15 volts. All the fuses and relays are good. with the switch on there is no power going to the fuel pump.

·
Administrator
7,985 Posts
Luke, 12.15 battery volts is not good... at all. Still sounds like a bad ignition switch to me..

" All the fuses and relays are good. with the switch on there is no power going to the fuel pump. "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts