PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Starter replacement. Just replaced mine this weekend, took me about 3 hours to figure out but not too bad of a job once you know what to look for. You have to remove the bed, then air intake to get to the starter bolts, the top negative post is a #10 metric, Bottom is a #8 mm If anyone knows of an easier way please shout out. Found the starter same part number at NAPA $120. Dealer is asking $500 plus another $500 for labor.
If you take apart the coolant outlet hose, (easier access to positive post) make sure you refill the coolant and bleed the air out with bleed screw above exhaust ports front top of motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Ranger 900XP and just got mine replaced tonight. Did all the work from the passenger side by removing the 2 coolant hoses. The 8mm screw on the bottom was a PITA! I took my original starter to the local rebuilder. Said he couldn't repair it. When he opened it up, black oil went everywhere. He offered to order a replacement for $125 so I had him get one in for me. Started up just fine, but now she's running hot and shutting down. Guess I'm going to have to find that bleed screw tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts