PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined, figured since I've been scrolling for help for quite sometime on the form, mise well join in! Didn't see an answer to this one, but i have a 2013 Ranger 500 bought used couple years ago. Has a thing where it doesn't like to idle after first start up, just checked the codes yesterday and got: 12-58-56-55-61. 58 i think is a Fan Short Circuit to battery/ground. 56 pump relay short to batt/ground. 55 Diagnostics Lamp short to batt/ground or open circuit. Sounds like I got a ground issue at first glance but just wondering if there was anything else i should be looking for.
Thanks

·
6,910 Posts
Your ECM may be problematic. Clean and check all grounds and connection @ ECM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jungleman I'll take a look this evening see if there is anything obvious!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I took a look this weekend, pulled the ground wires from the frame all looked good but cleaned em up anyway. Disconnected battery for awhile and still the same codes.
I guess I should have listed the symptoms as well earlier. Basically doesn't want to idle upon cold start. Once i've ripped up the driveway at high rpm with it sputtering and jerking, it'll run fine for the rest of the day. Doesn't always do this but seems to almost happen in spurts. will do it for a week and then good for a week. I initially thought it was the Idle air and all that stuff i've read with the bad wires but now that i've pulled the codes i don't think those are the issue. Bought the machine 2 years ago from a dealer, and started a few months after I got it but has slowly gotten more frequent.
Anyways I guess check the ECM wiring is the next step still? Broken wires, moisture in the plug that type of thing? or anything additional. TIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts