PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ranger that has very high miles on it. I have been through four Voltage regulators since 2014. I have number 5 and after install he has not changed my issue. The last one all three yellow wires melted off the regulator near the regulator itself. The ranger is not charging at all and I am running on 100% battery. What do I need to do to test the stator on the machine? If the stator is bad anything I need to know about replacing it? Also if there is a way to test the new regulator, I know not all new parts are good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got one burried deep on my laptap somewhere, but its more the process of how to test while on the machine. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again thanks anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you dont want to help carry on about your way

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you cant take the time to read your own service manual, i doubt anyone is going to take the time to type it out for you either. Maybe your local dealer will give you a pacifier and hold your hand? Seriously, if you cant put forth the effort, why should anyone else.

Maybe Jungleman wil chime in. He gets paid the big bucks for his diagnostic skills. But i don't know if he makes house calls.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
ROTFLMAO........ This is what happens when you use Amazon/Ebay 'knock off' voltage regulators..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help, you guys are great🤣

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you cant take the time to read your own service manual, i doubt anyone is going to take the time to type it out for you either. Maybe your local dealer will give you a pacifier and hold your hand? Seriously, if you cant put forth the effort, why should anyone else.

Maybe Jungleman wil chime in. He gets paid the big bucks for his diagnostic skills. But i don't know if he makes house calls.
Get over yourself, I am a deer hunter whos Laptop is in a camper 500 miles from here. Your high and mighty attitude is whats wrong with the world today. I guess trying to be a big bad keyboard hero makes you feel good about yourself though. Im sure you provide a great service to our Society as well. Enjoy your wothless life.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Get over yourself, I am a deer hunter whos Laptop is in a camper 500 miles from here. Your high and mighty attitude is whats wrong with the world today. I guess trying to be a big bad keyboard hero makes you feel good about yourself though. Im sure you provide a great service to our Society as well. Enjoy your wothless life.
LOL.......you are definitely Libtard material but you are not alone. Lately others of your ilk have come here for a free fix and display all the characteristics of a snowflake.. Please run along before your mummy tales away your puter privileges...Wa.....wa....wah. WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LOL.......you are definitely Libtard material but you are not alone. Lately others of your ilk have come here for a free fix and display all the characteristics of a snowflake.. Please run along before your mummy tales away your puter privileges...Wa.....wa....wah. WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
You are seriously dumber than the day is long. I served my country in the Marine Corps, and I am as far from the left as you can be. it's people with ignorant Minds like yours that make the Democrats think they can win again. You speak out of your rear end, know nothing that you talk about but flaunt like your high-and-mighty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
while you're at it put on your helmet and man your internet battle station

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks for your service, but being an ex marine doesn't qualify you as conservative, ex marine Seth Moulton is a liberal democrat serving as a US Representative for Massachusetts 6th. We also just saw an Army officer all decked out in uniform, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, testify against President Trump in the House impeachment sham.
There are plenty of people here that are willing to help you and every poster in this thread to this point has. Your response to Rangerwhit was uncalled for. He nor RJ know whether you are sitting at home or out at a hunting camp. You obviously have a computer of some kind and Internet access in order to be posting here. Folks on this site are good, but they aren't psychic.
You sir, are what's really wrong with the world today. You ASSUME things and jump to conclusions and you expect help while insulting those who are trying to help, and anything thei provide is strictly voluntary. Not one person that has responed thus far gets paid a dime for their effort to assist. It's only out of their personal desire to help others that they respond. Thankless responses from those asking for help aren't beneficial. That entitlement attitude turns people off and makes them wonder whether you indeed are a lefty. Since you joined in 2014 you've participated in exactly 4 discussions and at a quick glance provided help for someone else only once in a short suggestion to use Rhino axles. Here's a suggestion, when you come asking for help, be respectful to those trying to assist, even if their answers aren't what you're looking for and avoid insulting anyone trying to help. You'll probably get a lot more respect here if you visit and contribute more often, but above all, be thankful for any assistance offered. Thanks doesn't cost you a penny.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your service, but being an ex marine doesn't qualify you as conservative, ex marine Seth Moulton is a liberal democrat serving as a US Representative for Massachusetts 6th. We also just saw an Army officer all decked out in uniform, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, testify against President Trump in the House impeachment sham.
There are plenty of people here that are willing to help you and every poster in this thread to this point has. Your response to Rangerwhit was uncalled for. He nor RJ know whether you are sitting at home or out at a hunting camp. You obviously have a computer of some kind and Internet access in order to be posting here. Folks on this site are good, but they aren't psychic.
You sir, are what's really wrong with the world today. You ASSUME things and jump to conclusions and you expect help while insulting those who are trying to help, and anything thei provide is strictly voluntary. Not one person that has responed thus far gets paid a dime for their effort to assist. It's only out of their personal desire to help others that they respond. Thankless responses from those asking for help aren't beneficial. That entitlement attitude turns people off and makes them wonder whether you indeed are a lefty. Since you joined in 2014 you've participated in exactly 4 discussions and at a quick glance provided help for someone else only once in a short suggestion to use Rhino axles. Here's a suggestion, when you come asking for help, be respectful to those trying to assist, even if their answers aren't what you're looking for and avoid insulting anyone trying to help. You'll probably get a lot more respect here if you visit and contribute more often, but above all, be thankful for any assistance offered. Thanks doesn't cost you a penny.
Understood, but what happened to the days when a forum was used to get answers. I do have a Manual on my Laptop in San Agelo TX if I had it I would not have asked the question to begin with. This whole thing has been blown out of context and I will just pursue another path for answers in the future. My Phone is my access to the internet not my computer. I do not get on this site a lot because I do not have the time to be online with my life, I work 12 hrs plus a day and spend any time I get off in the outdoors or with my family. There is no entitlement here, just simply if you don't want to contribute just move and and don't post at all. No need to deliver condescending answers. It's just as easy and takes no time for someone to just move along if they choose not to answer a question. Maybe I could have been a bit more open, but every reply has seemed very high and mighty to me. Maybe I am the problem, but I don't see it that way....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Understood, but what happened to the days when a forum was used to get answers. I do have a Manual on my Laptop in San Agelo TX if I had it I would not have asked the question to begin with. This whole thing has been blown out of context and I will just pursue another path for answers in the future. My Phone is my access to the internet not my computer. I do not get on this site a lot because I do not have the time to be online with my life, I work 12 hrs plus a day and spend any time I get off in the outdoors or with my family. There is no entitlement here, just simply if you don't want to contribute just move and and don't post at all. No need to deliver condescending answers. It's just as easy and takes no time for someone to just move along if they choose not to answer a question. Maybe I could have been a bit more open, but every reply has seemed very high and mighty to me. Maybe I am the problem, but I don't see it that way....
This Forum still provides answers but they don't always know the circumstances which those asking questions are in. That said, I hope you will continue to be a member of this Forum and contribute when you can.
Now, as to your charging system problem; 5 voltage regulators is excessive, IMHO. Either you've been buying regulators that are aftermarket and not up to snuff or there is another problem, perhaps both. One thing I would be sure of is that your battery is in good condition. A weak battery, even though it still starts your engine, puts a constant load on your charging system. That load creates heat and leads to component failure. If I were in your place I'd start by fully charging your battery with a battery charger and performing a load test to determine it's condition. Most auto parts stores will perform the test for free but the battery does need to be fully charged in order to get an accurate assessment.
My next concern would be connections, specifically grounds, but really all connections. Bad grounds can cause a multitude of problems, including charging system problems. Don't limit your checks to those at the battery terminals. You need to check chassis grounds and inside connectors of the wiring harness.
Hopefully this give you a place to start. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This Forum still provides answers but they don't always know the circumstances which those asking questions are in. That said, I hope you will continue to be a member of this Forum and contribute when you can.
Now, as to your charging system problem; 5 voltage regulators is excessive, IMHO. Either you've been buying regulators that are aftermarket and not up to snuff or there is another problem, perhaps both. One thing I would be sure of is that your battery is in good condition. A weak battery, even though it still starts your engine, puts a constant load on your charging system. That load creates heat and leads to component failure. If I were in your place I'd start by fully charging your battery with a battery charger and performing a load test to determine it's condition. Most auto parts stores will perform the test for free but the battery does need to be fully charged in order to get an accurate assessment.
My next concern would be connections, specifically grounds, but really all connections. Bad grounds can cause a multitude of problems, including charging system problems. Don't limit your checks to those at the battery terminals. You need to check chassis grounds and inside connectors of the wiring harness.
Hopefully this give you a place to start. Good luck!
Thank you very much for the helpful response. I will admit 100% as mentioned before I have been using cheap aftermarket Regulators. The current battery was bought new in October prior to hunting season and has been maintained at a 1.5 amp rate when not in use. I have almost 13k miles on the machine and due to the multiple burn ups I have had to cut and rewire the regulator many times. I have checked connections at the battery, but not at the stator itself. My Wife (Lucky Me) is a store manager at our local O'reilly and I can have her double check the battery. I just assumed that I could have taken out the Stator with this last burn up but will try and check it tonight.

·
Registered
520 Posts
RMStator might be a good source for your next regulator. They have a two year warranty and I've never had a problem with them honoring it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts