PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what have the 570 owners done to replace tires on the stock wheels? I assume I could go up to a 26 or 27" with no problems? Go any wider on stock wheels?
Right now it is 25-8-12 and 25-11-12 Thanks.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
You can go up to 26" without a lift, but I think 27" will rub.

Width would depend on which wheels you have and their offset, but you can typically go 1" wider without issues. Just measure the clearance between the tire and the nearest point of potential contact. You'll need a little more than 1/2" of clearance (3/4" would be comforting) to go to a 1" wider tire.

Reactions: Glngib

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running 28" with 2" lift and 2" forward a arms. I wish I had tried the tires on before changing the a arms, but even if they would gave fit thus us the setup I wanted any way. Right now there's lots of room I might be able to run 30s but it would be real close.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought Sedona Buzz Saw R/T 26 x 9 x 12 and 26 x 10 x 12 Hope it is better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buzz saw tires.jpg

Buzz Saw tires I got.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
260 will be fine, most 27s will fit too. But 28 is absolutely no. I had 28 outlaw radials on mine bone stock and couldn't drive out the garage it rubbed so bad. Just forward a arms cured that. Then I added 2.5" lift and now I'm running 31s.

Reactions: Glngib

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have ordered 27 inch swamp lites for mine and plan on putting on stock rims. I am hoping they will fit without lifting, I have a buddy with a 400 that has 27 mudzillas and wheel spacers but no lift and they scrub if you turn really tight while on uneven terrain.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Those wheel spacers are making it rub. I don't know why people rub those retarded things, it just wears stuff out quicker

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that did not work. The fronts rub now. I had 25 x 8 x 12 and went to 26 x 9 x 12. The 8's were already close but they said oh these will work. I am on vacation and want to ride. I put 4 washers on each stud for now just to move around in garage etc. I had them order 1" spacers to arrive Friday so I can go ride with the guys on Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
2in lift or forward arms. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
A 26" tire is rubbing. Wow!!!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I know. They must run tall? My boss has 26in mud lights on his with over 3000 miles. Springs are about shot. No lift and no rub

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah. I don't see it but they could run stupid huge. Let some air out of the tires. Haha

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
2in lift =100.00

·
Registered
321 Posts
Or for some a trip to the hardware store for some PVC and paint, which is optional by the way!!!! Just not for me.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah, the tire you buy can make a HUGE difference in how they fit! Most tires will run much smaller then the advertised size while there are some that will run a bit bigger then the listed size! My 26" Bighorn 2.0s run 27 1/4" tall at 8 PSI!
Add to that the different profiles some of the radials run making for a wider sidewall and potential for rubbing suspension parts especially with the stock off-set rims!

Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not to mention some of us eat a little to much at Holiday times as well!!!! Haha. That adds to some clearance issues as we'll

1 - 17 of 17 Posts