PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2014 Ranger crew 900 Non-eps about 3-4 weeks ago not running. Cleaned it up and started going through it all. Changed out the fuel pump to get the fuel pressure back to where it was supposed to be and also checked all my connections they seem fine (I took them apart and polished them all up just in case) battery seems new and only goes down to about 11 volts when cranking. Both injectors ohm out good. Both injectors are getting constant voltage.
I have been reading through these forums like crazy and have found a few things but thought I’d ask on here as well.
One of the guys having a similar problem and it turned out to be a one way gear on the flywheel throwing off the CPS sensor.

Thanks in advance, Preston.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It wont fire up at all. It will crank fine, no weird sounds. Almost fires the first time trying to start it after sitting a day.
Has good spark on both plugs. When pulling plugs the PTO is completely dry, the other cylinder spark plug has fuel on it.
This is the first fuel injected system I have messed with and so far it’s kicking my but.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If possible, swap injectors and see if the problem follows the injector?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a good idea. A mechanic friend of mine came over last night and we found it has low compression as well. He thinks it just has stuck rings and that we can free them up but I guess we will see. I will try switching injectors this evening but i feel like i need to get the compression issue resolved first now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old post, but was just wondering if the issue was ever resolved, as I'm having the same problem with a 2015 Ranger Crew 900

1 - 5 of 5 Posts