PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg 2014 Polaris ranger Crew Diesel engine swap.....from 904cc Diesel to 660 Turbo Intercooler 3 cylinder gasoline with a diesel's stock gear box

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool project. Must be a JDM engine? I love a good engine swap, but it's a shame to remove the Yanmar. I'd like to lift the engine out of mine and replace everything around it with something better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This Ranger Crew Diesel was a demonstration vehicles for army contract for 6 months, but after all they picked the 800 instead of diesel...

i got it from an auction...after a first ride, it was super slow!!! So, engine swap was the best choice for me because used engine in Thailand are so cheap!!!(for complete front end with engine is only $450) image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

So, this is it.... After 2 months of engine surgery!!!

and

i will update some more pictures after i get it 100% complete

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's a shame we don't have the kei cars in the US. I think we'd see a lot more swaps like this if they were available. I've seen some engines imported but replacement parts are scarce.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Good to hear from you again, Poorun--been awhile! That looks like a pretty ambitious project! Will be interested in hearing/seeing more about it!
thumbs up.jpg

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
that's wicked fits in there pretty good T&S cant wait to see you doing wheelies lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a shame we don't have the kei cars in the US. I think we'd see a lot more swaps like this if they were available. I've seen some engines imported but replacement parts are scarce.
yes, it's very difficult to get parts for those important engine!!!!!

But !! In Thailand, we never rebuild an engine... just buy a new one and replace it

i grew up in ATLANTA, it wasn't many choices of small used engine we can find there either....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
By the way, the gear box in the RANGER DIESEL are the same gear box as in SPORTSMAN 850. So, it's very easy to swap any new engine ..... image.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From the information of a new engine, this engine are also use as a stock engine in Arctic Cat snowmobile 660 turbo

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts