PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ranger was serviced a while ago for an oil leak in the lower gasket, and ever since that the driveshaft has been rubbing against the skid plate frame (shown in picture). If you look from the bottom you can see an indentation around that area which could possibly be the cause, maybe it was jacked up wrong or something. Any ideas on how to fix?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,708 Posts
I don't know how much you've driven it since the service and perhaps the photo is misleading, but it appears from the photo that it's been rubbing for some time. If that is the case it may not be the service that started it. From what little can be seen in the photo it isn't immediately apparent that the chassis was bent by improper jacking. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that your transmission/motor mounts are bad and have allowed the engine/transmission assembly to settle lower in the chassis. I suppose it's also possible that something at the other end of the driveshaft has moved. There have been reports of the chassis cracking where front differential bolts to it. There's nothing to do but crawl under it and inspect everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the insight, I will definetly check out the chassis by the front diff. And it has been driven for 6-7 months but the noise was ver light to start and has progressively gotten worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts