PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ranger 800, when I was riding the other night on the deer lease, I was going about 5 miles and hour through a cut over and my ranger just died out and then backfired from the exhaust. I caught a whiff of gas just before it died. The ranger would not start, and hasn't started since. I tried unhooking the battery, and looking for loose connections. The ranger will turn over hard, but will not start, and when you pump the accelerator, you can "hear" it while turning over. Anyone got any suggestions? It is still under warranty, I'm just trying to figure out what happened.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar occurrence

I had the same thing happen to me and my boys when we were out riding. We were traveling over a gravel river bottom and ran over a clump of branches. The engine backfired and died. I smelled gas when that happened. It would not start. I remembered just running over the branches and laid down looking under the machine in the area it would have passed under us. Just behind the battery area there was a wiring harness with a quick disconnect fitting just dangling. I searched the area and found the plug in fitting just above and behind where the wires were hanging. I plugged it in and the machine started right up. Glad it did as we were 20 miles from the trailhead in the Alaska wilderness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts