PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding this weekend, I followed two other Rangers through a water crossing. As fate would have it, my 2014 Ranger 800 EFI cooling fan was the only one that decided to kick on right at that time. As such, the fan hit water and broke a blade. Fortunately, the radiator survived the incident but I still need to purchase a new cooling fan and replace it.

I'm curious about the best option. I spoke to a services tech at my local Polaris dealership and he mentioned that some general automotive fans (purchasable at auto parts stores) will work if you can find the right size. He also mentioned that this would be a cheaper option. Ordering the part through Polaris costs roughly $300 (part alone). I'm sure there is a cheaper place to order it or a less expensive fan to order that will work the same. Does anyone happen to know of any options that might help me?

Will either of these work?

New Radiator Cooling Fan Motor Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 2008 2012 RZR RZRS | eBay

NEW Radiator Cooling Fan Motor POLARIS Ranger Sportsman ATV UTV

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, here's what I'm dealing with:

The factory fan reads "Tripac International" and "Made in the USA" if this helps...

·
Registered
482 Posts
The UPI is much stronger, I've forgotten to turn mine off a few times and I haven't broken a blade yet. The factory one is a pos.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Reactions: Hunterworks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought a used one off of EBay for $150.00. It ended up being a fan for a Rzr not a ranger as it was listed. The seller refunded my money and I got to keep the fan. I just took the blades and motor off of the used one. It works great so I'm happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The factory one is a pos.
LoL. I'm kind of starting to get that idea. That's unfortunate, though... I'm glad the UPI fan has been working so well for you. Thanks for the information!

Folks seem to have pretty good luck with this one. Hunterworks is a PRC sponsor with excellent customer service.
Can Am maverick Polaris RZR XP 900, Polaris Ranger 800 - 2011-2014 HD Fan with Shroud
Excellent! I hadn't found that one but it looks identical. If he's highly recommended, I might just have to go that route! :biggrin:

I bought a used one off of EBay for $150.00. It ended up being a fan for a Rzr not a ranger as it was listed. The seller refunded my money and I got to keep the fan. I just took the blades and motor off of the used one. It works great so in happy.
I'm glad to know that it worked. I'll keep this option in mind. Much thanks for the reply!

I like Fswan's response!!! We do have them and they hold up great.
That sounds great, Todd! I appreciate the information. Once an order is placed, is shipping time comparatively normal?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for preventative action, does anyone who understands electrical work think this should function properly for allowing me the ability to completely turn off my fan?

Polaris Radiator Fan Bypass Harness

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
LoL. I'm kind of starting to get that idea. That's unfortunate, though... I'm glad the UPI fan has been working so well for you. Thanks for the information!

Excellent! I hadn't found that one but it looks identical. If he's highly recommended, I might just have to go that route! :biggrin:

I'm glad to know that it worked. I'll keep this option in mind. Much thanks for the reply!

That sounds great, Todd! I appreciate the information. Once an order is placed, is shipping time comparatively normal?
Goes out same day or next normally

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the Hunterworks fan and they got it out to me pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I also used the Hunterworks fan and I am very impressed with it awesome fan.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts