PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you help me out a bit. I was wondering if the primary clutch puller threads for this is 3/4 x 16. Or if anyone knows what the threads are. also I am needing the compression tool for the secondary. Yes I bought a clutch kit for this and it looks like I want to tackle this on my own, but I need those two parts to be able to do this. I don't want to break the bank and none of my friends are mechanics with those tools. So any help will be appreciated. Any advise for installing the kit is also appreciated. Any links to "how to" videos or write-ups would be great. I tried to search but did not find anything pertaining to my application. Do any of you know what other year Rangers are the same as the 2014 and are the 800 RZR the same parts as the ranger. I am trying to find all this out on the web but no luck. I am new to the forums, thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Hard to believe there aren't may people on here willing to help out. Guess I will go find another forum. Where people actually reply with answers to the questions I post.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
It's unusual to not get replies. For some reason I never saw this post. This is actually the busiest and most helpful Ranger forum out there.
i don't even bother removing the primary clutch. The clutch kits I buy have a whole new secondary for the Rangers. I got a secondary clutch compression tool from DDP. I honestly don't remember the thread pitch on the primary remover, I just bought a complete remover for my machine. Here's a video I made for my 09' which is similar.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Well, golly! If you had chosen to stick around, I'm sure you would have found the PRC is BY FAR the most helpful forum for Ranger owners. However, for us to help, you have to put out a little effort as well. Your questions on snow plows is a good example - I couldn't figure out just exactly what information it was you were looking for. You never did say what plow you were looking at - something like that is going to depend a lot on the manufacturer. Can't find a plow vendor? I typed in '2014 ranger snow plow' into google and found several on the first page. Like Derek implied, it is going to depend on vendor.

As far as your clutch questions go - not many of us would stop and measure the thread pitch on a clutch puller - we would order the right one (or take the clutch bolt down to the hardware store and match it up) and get on with it - they are pretty cheap. Clutch spring compression tools aren't cheap but a quick google search listed a couple of sites with home made compression tools. As far as instructional videos, Larry really went out of his way to provide one. At the end of that video, there are 8 more videos you click on to get even more info. If that isn't enough, search You Tube for more - there are literally dozens.

Message here is that you need to put out a little more effort first. After you do that, and still have SPECIFIC questions, log back on and ask away! As far as finding a more informative forum than PRC with our 24,000 members and nearly 1/2 million posts, good luck! (Search on 'Polaris Ranger Forums')

1 - 5 of 5 Posts