PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started using a 2014 Ranger 800 for daily use taking care of 2000 acres of pasture and cattle last year. Have put one new OEM pump assembly in that made it less than a grass season of 6 months, and looks like the QFS for 80 bucks will be the way to go now that I know better, but I want to get the test gauge set, and I'd like some confirmation on what I was told about the pump pressure on the 2014 800 models. A local guy advised me to get the Polaris pump last year, as he said it's a "True 60 psi pump". He did say they only really do about 58 psi, and I've seen specs that say that's plus or minus 3 psi. He said that the injectors require approximately 40 psi to open, and many cheapy aftermarket pumps only run 42 to 44 psi to start with, so the hot fuel all toasted up by the exhaust system next door finishes them off quick. NAPA got me a gauge set they said was specifically for the Ranger but when it showed it had no fittings for the fuel lines, so need to regroup there. Also like to know what I should be seeing for minimum pressure normal and hot. I just cleaned my TMAP sensor and IAC valve along with the throttle body and also replaced the throttle body adapter that was broke half in two sucking dirt for who knows how long. Also replaced the TMAP wiring harness rubbed half in two. All these things got me back to running right until it gets used a bit, then I barely make it back to town after running a pasture for the vapor locking due to the weak pump it appears, but prefer to verify rather than assume, and would love to buy a $100 test gauge set to say yup I need an $80 fuel pump jus as par 4 the course. I truly have had enough of all of it, as have all the local folks who have gotten rid of their Polaris stuff and switched to John Deere, Honda or Kawasaki around here, but in the meantime while nothing is available I gotta keep workin on mine. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
7,171 Posts
Guns, the pumps normally do 80+ psi as verified by a few members that have had fuel pressure regulators stuck wide open so your home boy is a bit of a "true baloney cannon" . It is the fuel pressure regulators that determine what pressure you are going to get. The lifetime pump with the Quantum kits come with a new FP regulator and you should be seeing 58 psi with a clean filter and all things normal.........after the fuel pressure regulator

Get your fuel pressure right and the vapor lock will stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info jungleman. I actually decided to just buy the whole new assembly from QFS last night when I saw they have a lifetime warranty for less than half the money of OEM that only has 30 days. Getting ready to call them and see how quick they can get it here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts