PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory frame defect!!
Bought a new 2014 900 xp ranger in December 2014. Every option I might ad. Around $23000.00. Lock-n-ride cab, front and back windows, windshield wipers w/washer, winch/winch bumber, led lights,etc. I noticed the front winshield wouldnt latch. I called a couple of friends that just bought similar bike. They said their bike was doing the same thing. One took his bike in for repair. When he got it home he noticed the only thing they did to make windshield lock was to drill out holes bigger at hinge area. I didn't want to chance mine getting patched. After the first of the year, I decided to have mine looked at. The dealership said one of the symptoms of a defective frame was a cracked windshield from the hinge down. The Polaris dealership changed part after part; with the guidence of Polaris technical, they decided it couldn't be fixed. The next option was to change the main frame. So, after 5 months they finally received a new frame for my ranger. The dealership mechanic totally disassembled my bike. Parts and screws in a bucket, motor on the ground, and the wiring harness in another pile. After a week or so, I called to check on it. They were close to finishing my ride. Its still there.... Not sure I need to pick it up because the bike was in the shop 5 months and has been totally taken apart and put back together. Didn"t spend that kind of money for a rebuilt bike!! What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Just wondering if there is a lemon law of sorts that might come in to play where you live....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Your first post did get the response you wanted?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I belive for any lemon law it would have to continue to have problems. 5 months without it is unacceptable. As far as being remanifactured,i realy dont see it that way. U have a new frame under ur machine. Let them finish the work b4 u pass judgemrnt on the machine. U could trade it off if u feel the need but you had a factory flaw in your machine to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts